Mandate of Planning Research and Statistics Department
- Coordinate and review policies, priorities and strategies of agricultural research, training and extension for the council, National Agricultural Research Institutes (NARIs) and Federal Collage of Agriculture (FCAs) under the purview of the Council.
- Initiates and coordinates Council’s bilateral and multilateral international collaboration activities with relevant stakeholders
- Coordinates ARCN’s participation at National Council meetings
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of Council’s programs and projects in conjunction with relevant departments.
- Prepares quarterly, annual and other Council’s reports
- Organizes Council’s seminars, annual lectures and research merit awards.
- May sources for funds from local and international donors for the implementation of some of Council’s programmes and projects
- Consults regularly with the Organized Private Sector and relevant government agencies to prepare and present timely analysis of the impact expected from policy changes at the Local, State and Federal levels to support decision making
- Organizes and coordinates Council’s Project Review Committee (PRC) Meetings.
- Coordinates the collation of all position’s papers prepared by the various departments
- Coordinates the preparation of the Council and PRS department’s annual budget
The Divisions under PRS